Monday, October 4, 2010

You know you're in trouble when.....

you come home and one of your power tools is in the driveway, plugged in, and you know that only your wife and daughters are home.
The moral to this story is, just because you've seen someone operate something doesn't mean you know how to use it. I was worried when I saw it sitting out, but the real story is that when I went to put it away, there was a giant broken piece of aluminum sitting next to it. From behind me I hear grandma say "we didn't do it!". "I mean this happened, but we didn't do anything to cause this". Huh?
Scary.
It seems somehow "someone" caused the blade of the saw (now ruined), to hit the fence (the broken part), something I not only can't understand how it happened, but have been unable to duplicate (with the power off, of course!).
Lucky someone didn't lose and eye, or a finger, or???
I still have yet to hear what the flying piece of metal hit.


Broken fence


Shrapnel

Broken washer that holds blade in place.


Ruined, and expensive, blade. See the missing tooth?

Hope grandma doesn't come home some day and see her sewing machine out on my workbench - plugged in!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Dad - maybe we should check if that brand of saw has been recalled lately because even you (the smartest and most technical dad in the whole world) couldn't figure out how that could have possibly happened! Definitely a fluke incident if you ask me! We are lucky to still be alive! Still though - we are so so very sorry that it happened and that your saw is now in pieces!! Thanks for being so understanding! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just for the record. . . I was NOT involved :)

    ReplyDelete