Monday, July 9, 2012

Which came first?

Several  months ago, Gma announced to me that she thought it would be a terrific idea if we had some chickens.  "Huh?" I said.  "You heard me", said she, then went on about how easy it was and "she read bla bla...", and "she heard bla bla..." and so on and so on.  Well I says to my self, "self", I says, "you know I do (practically) everything Gma wants, or how else is it we'd been married so many years?
So Mothers Day and Gma's birthday are usually one in the same, so I surprised her by getting her a book, and some other chicken necessities, and told her I had been secretly building a chicken coop.  So we (CJ and I ) proceed to try and complete the hen house.  I decided to try and make it kinda nice in case I had to move into it some day.

 Is this a surprised look, or what?


 We make a flat spot for the coop


Putting up the framing

CJ works on building the door

Putting on the roof

GMa making a progress inspection


Putting on the door

CJ working away

We I think it was around May 14th when we told GMa about it, but several things popped up, including someones wedding,  delaying the project.  We finally put the finishing touches on the coop today, July 8th.  We had to get it done because we now need to turn our attention into preparing the back yard for another wedding!




Famers GMa and GPa!

Stay tuned.  We hope to get chickens next weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! That is definitely the nicest coop I have ever seen. Great job JIm and Cayden! I am glad he got to help out. Can't wait to see the chickens.
    Love Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. i look forward to meeting the chickens! will they be in the wedding? :)
    jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. . what a funny post! Maybe the chickens can have a slumber party with Puppy and Doogs @ Bons home the weekend of the 18th? Just an idea. . . :) BON??

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will need a coop built at my house too if there are to be any chicken slumber parties at my house

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are hilarious and I can't wait to read and see some more progress reports and pictures. I hope it all goes well. If you get different kinds of chickens you can have a variety of sizes and colors in the eggs... the colors can be way amazing. Love, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Jim -- that last photo -- I mistook you for the Australian!

    ReplyDelete