Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Mothers day this year actually started on Friday when GM received 2 dozen Sherry's Berries.
Yum!
This year GP decided to give GM breakfast, not in bed (kinda hard on a waterbed), but on the little balcony outside the bedroom. Last summer GM hauled a little table and chair set her friend Kyle was getting rid of up to the balcony.
So GP got up early and made breakfast for GM and took it out to the balcony
GM munched on eggs, Bagel, strawberries (from the garden, of course), and orange juice.
She declared it yummy and ate most of it.
After Church, Bonnie and the kids came for an early dinner. We enjoyed BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, and other assorted yummies.
While dinner finished cooking, we retired to the family room for presents. It's always especially fun to see the things the kids made for their mom.
GM and Bonnie got some nifty things. GM was especially thankful for the neat picture that required each of the kids to submit their portion of it to Bonnie, who assembled it here.
Good job guys!
GM also received flowers from the kiddos, which she also really liked.

GM shares her Berries with Aubs & CJ.


GP prepares GM's breakfast.


GM enjoying breakfast.


The flowers are also from the yard.


Aubrey shucks corn for dinner.


Aubrey brings presents to the family room.


GM and Bon survey the loot.


Flowers CJ made at Church.



Aubs watches from the safety of the couch.


CJ explains the card he made to his mom. "No mom, you have to open this part first......."


GM opens her picture.


As Molly would say "Ta Da"


GM's flowers.

All in all, I'd say it was a really good day. Time to gear up for GM's birthday, which is this Friday, then Aubs, then....... Wow, there sure is a lot going on around here.
I'm sure I'll be blogging at you soon.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was great for Lee and Bonnie. Good job Jim!!! The "LOVE" picture is great. I might be stealing that idea from Bonnie.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh the breakfast on the balcony was quite creative. Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Mother's Day. Terry left at 6:05 AM. So no breakfast on the balcony for me. That is good, because we have no balcony. I am not really a breakfast eater anyway. The whole day for me was really busy and no one even helped with the dishes. Oh well, if there is one thing I can count on from Terry is that he has not one ounce of romance in him. He just doesn't get that stuff. I am okay with it, though. I told him before hand (anticipating not having a celebration) that I wanted to take Michelle and Juan and their kids out for dinner for Mother's Day on Monday since our Sundays are so chaotic. But I can tell you had a lovely celebration with your lovely daughter and grandchildren. Michelle came over and brought me the gift from her and Jody and Debi... they bought me a pedicure and manicure which I hope to be able to have time to do before I come to California so at least two of those who got me the present might get to see the result. Not much can help my feet- but it will sure feel good to have someone besides me do that lovely deed. Happy Mother's Day to you... You deserve it. Love, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm . . . how did i miss everyones posts lately. . . .happy mothers day haha . . .thanks pops!

    ReplyDelete