Sunday, December 5, 2010

Up, up, and away..........




There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that Skelly Electric bought a bucket truck this year just so grandpa could use it to hang the Christmas lights, but it certainly did come in handy!
We were a week late this year because of technical difficulties, so I think that this was the first year since we lived here that none of the kids were home to help.
So that in itself might be reason enough to enlist the aid of the truck.
I think we spent more times taking pictures and giving rides than actually hanging lights, but I didn't miss dragging the big yellow ladder around!










Grandma and I got through it and the house looks quite festive!

Merry Christmas!



8 comments:

  1. haha LOVE it and looks like everyone loves the bucket truck haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where my Christmas list is floating around but if someone sees it can they add bucket truck to it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha - this looks like an awesome way to hang christmas lights!! and to be honest - it always made me a bit nervous when you were on that super tall yellow (and not so sturdy looking) ladder! the bucket truck looks so much safer! what an investment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I need one of those! I don't have a place to store a big yellow ladder but I am sure I could trade in Rick's car for a bucket truck and then I would get Christmas lights on my house. I love Christmas lights on houses. That is one of my favorite things to see other than the tree. Good job. Now just post a pic of it all lite up please! Love Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe! impressive use of work equipment. we could use that too since we are on the second floor. i could wash windows and everything! :)
    jody
    ps how much are you charging for rides?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to get a bucket truck. I don't think Tonka makes them at that is seriously the only way I could afford one. Your house looks great. I need to post some pictures of my outside decorations. but lately when I get home and get in the house, I just don't feel like going out in that freezing cold to take a light picture. But I am going to soon- I just have to remember to do it. How much would you charge for a marginally older lady to ride that bucket?

    ReplyDelete