Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring is in the air....

and that means baseball. I can't believe an entire year has gone by and it's little league time again. Chili Billies, selling candy, working in the snack bar, oh yes, and baseball.
CJ has moved up the "minor B' league this year. You'll see he's a bit taller and looks like a different little guy with a year of experience under his belt.
So off to the first game Wednesday. There are no lights on this field, so until daylight savings starts, they play until they can no longer see. A few other small changes. They keep score (we lost 3-5). I think this is one of the few things Cayden's been in where they actually keep score. Don't want to hurt any one's feelings ya know.
The kids also pitch about 1/2 of the game. That definitely is going to effect the time of the game! Lot's of walks too.
Anyway it will be lot's of fun and we're all looking forward to the season.
Go Red Sox!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag.........

The roar of the crowd (?)


Play ball!


First at bat


Running to first




Cayden and Sam Huntzinger going over strategy

See ya at the park!


5 comments:

  1. I didn't know it had even started yet! Hopefully there is a game when I am down in a few weeks. Yes. . . I LOVE an excuse to go to the snackbar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! How cute! I can't wait till Tyce is old enough to play...I have a few years. I think Ada will play some kind of ball though. She won't be like Loni and just dance around and sing as a sport! I love my Loni. Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo for baseball . . . .you forgot to mention games 2x per week and only 4 stinkin teams lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. weird (about the four teams). . . sorry dad . . . not sure what you are voting for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cayden is such a darling little guy... but don't tell him that I said that. I love how he watches little babies... he cracks me up and I think he is thinking in his head (I hope) no baby of mine is ever going to wonder if "its" daddy loves "it". Love, Gail

    ReplyDelete